Been feeling kinda sucky and worried lately. Its like a reality check for me. Last week one of my friend's dad was hospitalised. Then another friend's Granduncle was also hospitalised. I just got to know that a great senior colleague of mine will be hospitalised. It's just got me all freaked out. On Tuesday my mum and sis went to the family doctor. My sis was having a slight cough and fever. My mum was basically there to enquire about the blood test that she had taken few weeks ago. My mum have diabetes. Not the serious one yet- she has to eat one kind of pill everyday. But she being the ever strong woman in her eyes, *that woman will never sit still!* she would often *purposely* missed eating a few medicine cos she felt that she was experiencing hair loss due to the pills.
So back to the doc's visit, somehow her test result came back with warning bells. The doc was telling her that she has to eat the meds given to her cos now her diabetes is gettng slightly bad, plus her cholestrol is high. The doc even warned her that due to all these, her kidneys are slightly affected. I was so worried when she called me over the phone. I rushed over to meet her *the place was nearby anyways* to see if she is ok.
For once my mum was quiet *she's one talkative lady you know*. I do not know what to say to her except to tell her that from that day on, I will make sure she eats her meds and take care of her diet and all. I can't possibly chide her for not eating the meds in the first place right * tho i know thats one of the major reasons for it * haiz . I love my mum. Somehow like most mother-daughter relationships, we tend to hide our true feelings from each other. Ego sometimes gets in the way it seems. *hehe* In this case, my mum's ego is way bigger than mine :P. SO now instead of one kind, she has four different pills to consume each day.
It all comes back to me. Now her nagging for me to get in shape seems 'louder' than usual! I will definitely take care of my diet now cos I know I AM vulnerable. I am not doing this for vanity sake *cos I think I am cute the way I am - pukes hehehe* but for health sake. So you, you and you my dear friends, lets boycott all the fast food joints and fried food okies! *as if right :P* Let's do it together! *teehee* At least I wun suffer alone heheh ..
"If you look at what you do not have in life, you don't have
anything"
"If you look at what you have in life, you have everything"
No comments:
Post a Comment