Saturday, November 4, 2006

Graduation (Friends Forever) - Vitamin C

Being so free as I am lately, I decided to arrange some stuffs in my drawers and cupboards. A simple activity that I estimated would take less than one hour (to just clean drawers, change the base papers and arrange back the stuffs) was finally completed four hours later! *laughs* I took a pleasant and heartwarming trip down the memory lane with all crazy pictures we took, numerous letters we exchanged (even though we saw each other practically everyday!) and the sincere gifts we gave each other.

It is such a great reminder of all the friendships that I have made and lost. Of all the wonderful activities that my friends and I had done together, amidst being bogged down with challenging projects and datelines (not to mention exams!). I still wonder how through all that, we managed to spend so much quality time together.
One of the countless mementos that I treasure so much would be The Graduation CD gift made by the Prez of SEAS :D. I have to say that so much hard work and time was put in it. THANK YOU so much Nuyul for the invaluable gift that you had painstakingly done for me and our friends. *big hugs* In that CD, this song (Graduation by Vitamin C) is in the background while the pictures that we took flashes beautifully at the foreground. So I am sharing this song as my week was made wonderful by the knowledge that somewhere out there, I do have friends who care. Have a great weekend people :).


Graduation (Friends Forever) - Vitamin C

And so we talked all night about the rest of our lives
Where we're gonna be
when we turn 25
I keep thinking times will never change
Keep on thinking things will always be the same
But when we leave this year we won't be coming back
No more hanging out cause we're on a different track
And if you got something that you need to say
You better say it right now cause you don't have another day

Cause we're moving on and we can't slow down
These memories are playing like a film without sound
And I keep thinking of that night in June
I didn't know much of love
But it came too soon
And there was me and you
And then we got real blue
Stay at home talking on the telephone
We'd get so excited, we'd get so scared
Laughing at ourselves thinking life's not fair

And this is how it feels

[1] -
As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever

So if we get the big jobs
And we make the big money
When we look back now
Will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule
Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can Heather find a job that won't interfere with her tan?
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

And this is how it feels
[Repeat 1]
La, la, la, la:Yeah, yeah, yeahLa, la, la, la:
We will still be friends forever

Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there?
Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly it's like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us 'round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town I keep,
I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

[Repeat 1 (3x)]

No comments: