There's a new addition in the house. Wanted to name him (yes gal, I have checked! It is a HE! Yippee!) Pepper ... but somehow ida thought Paprika would be nicer. Unfortunately (or Fortunately) since it is a BOY, I shall name him Pepper *hahaha* Found the lil poor kitten last Tuesday morning when I was on my way to work. He was alone, meowing pitifully yet with so much determination and the will to live that I could not just leave it be. Hurried back home and shocked my mum to bits. Of course, my sis was so excited (as always) but my mum was a bit apprehensive at first cos the chances of the kitten (who was a day old at that time - due to the intact umbilical cord) surviving would be super slim without the mummy cat. Well, we just have to try don't we?
It has been six days and we are glad that he is still ok. Will take him to the vet next week when I get my pay. Meanwhile we have been feeding him special formulaic milk- the best that we can do at this moment. Since the mummy cat is not there to nurse him and etc, we also have to rub his tummy after each feed to burp him (Yes! They do burp! heheh) and then rub his lower abdomen to prompt him to pee and poop. An eyeopener for me definitely as JinJer was about two to three months old when we got him so I didn't go through the whole nursing thingy.
JinJer is okay with the lil one so far but he refuses to stay put in my room while I am in the living room feeding Pepper. I don't think we are keeping Pepper for good. Maybe will take care of him for a few weeks till he is strong and hopefully some kind being will adopt and give him a great home. Will post pictures of Pepper soon :).
Sunday, April 20, 2008
PePpeR
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Since when has pepper or ginger male names? Haha! =))
Dah satu panggil halia, lagi satu panggil bawang ok? Hehe...
HAhah ... Hmmm.. Onion? Mcm cute eh heheheh ... i let the name calling be reserved for the kitten's new owner *heheh* Oh yeah btw kan, looking at the lil one drinking the milk from the baby bottle is sooooo therapeutic!!!
Therapeutic ke? Imagine seeing baby twins drinking from two bottles and the mother as well as the grandmother having to hold the bottles. Haha! Menggeramkan me babies twinnies aliens of me nephews tuh! Me such a meanie auntie. Haha! =))
So your lil kitty's up for adoption eh? I want it... NOT! :D
Hahhah so cute what ... Nope My kitty no longer up for adoption ...tsk tsk ...
Post a Comment