IrkSoMeNess PaRt III
I was just about to blog that my week is going relatively OK so far ... until a few hours ago. To begin with, Monday was great (just cos it was a school holiday! *haha*). I rolled over on the bed from the wee hours of the morning to about 9 am. Decided to go school to finish off my one more pile of Homec workbooks and to send some of my markings (previously done during the weekends) back to school so that my load will be lighter on Tuesday morning. So I was lazing around at home and teaching my sis before I got ready and made my way to school. After school, the usual chummies meet-up was great. Zingdo was great. I do miss the rice balls now *yum yum* plus the myon *more yum yum*. Next stop to IMM was ok. Sorry to drag you guys to IMM just cos I need to get the DVD writer on that day *sheepish grins*. Hope I didn't inconvenience anyone! Thank you for the lovely company guys and thanks a million for the treats. Appreciate it lots :D.
Tuesday was OK. Early in the morning I was pulled over by my Maths mentor (named Mdm A). She told me that there was something wrong with one of the questions that I had set for the CT paper. When I offered to change the paper and print it for the Maths classes all over again, she said no need since there wasn't enough time. The CT was supposed to be tested during the 6th period. I was sure that there was time to rectify it (though the mistake was small, it is still a mistake to me nonetheless) but she insisted that I would not be able to do in on time (I have classes from Periods 1 to 4). Looking back, I should have changed the paper (to save myself from future blackmailing....if any). Anyways, the rest of Tuesday was alright. I am so thankful that I have done what I am supposed to do/mark during the weekend so this week was more or less "breathe-able" *hehehe*. Finished marking the Maths CT paper on that day itself as I brought it home. My students were so excited to know how they did so I did not want to drag the marking to Thursday or the weekend.
Wednesday morning was great. I simply love my first class of the day. Even though I was feeling so out of sorts and was with them for 4 periods straight, they were such lovely students that I will always remember to buy some knick knacks or tidbits for them every time. The rest of the day went smoothly and I managed to complete my workbook markings (for this week's classes) promptly.
Thursday was alright. Even though I had two periods of relief to do, I didn't mind really cos it was for a friend who was not well. The rest of my free periods were used to mark, set worksheets for next week and the Retest Maths CT on that day. After school I stayed back till about 5pm. The retest was supposed to be from 130pm to about 230pm. However after the retest, some of my Maths students hanged around and chatted with me all the way till 3 plus. As much as I had enjoyed their banterings and complains, I was feeling rather sleepy and lethargic that I had to discreetly urge them to go home :P. Finally, I got back to the staff room to complete my work for that day before heading home.
I embraced Friday and was basically very happy that the weekend is almost here. The classes that I had today was so well behaved that I was so thankful that we managed to cover a lot (as they previously missed last Friday's lesson due to the National Celebration). So I am so proud to say *jeng jeng jengggg* that by 3pm today, I have finished marking all my workbooks :). I am left with only my Maths files and Maths worksheets to mark (which I dutifully lugged home since I will not be able to rest at home in peace thinking about unfinished work in school) and of cos other nitty gritty stuffs like lesson plans and etc.
So the day almost ended well when suddenly I received a call from a number that I was not familiar with. As my friends know, I do not pick up such calls due to my previous experiences with either people who called and were looking for someone else or people who just had nothing better to do with their time. So a SMS came after that missed call. It was actually from Mdm A (had been introduced in my second paragraph of this post). As I was still on the way home at that time and was lugging my stuffs, I smsed her back telling that I will call her once I reached home. Sensing that she wanted to confront me about something (refer to my earlier posts), I smsed my Homec head (Mrs B) telling her that Mdm A wanted to talk to me personally and whether Mrs B had given my number to her (since they sat nearby). Mrs B said she did not give my number and asked what was it that Mdm A wanted. I was thinking that since it is a school matter, it is best to talk it out in school, with both my subject heads present so that there is nothing to hide or words being twisted but Mdm A insisted that I call her there and then as she wanted to settle the matter today. Mrs B advised me to ignore Mdm A as I should not be implicated. Apparently, Mdm A didn't liase with the other Maths teacher for the Sec 1 tests and the Maths HOD was kinda unhappy with that.
I just had to call Mdm A since she left me lots of missed calls. Well the gist of that conversation was she told me that her Science HOD told her that Ms C (My Maths level head) complained to the Principal about her. Mrs B told him (the Science HOD) that it wasn't me (of cos... they think I have nuthing better to do is it??!?!) as I didn't tell her that I was not happy and all. So Mdm A said that if anyone wasn't happy with her must approach her first, which I agreed actually, rather than going to the P straight. Anyways I made it clear to her what happened. Even though I am aware that the actual arrangement should be us setting tests alternately, I don't mind doing it as long as enough notice is given.
What I find disturbing was her reply,"We already decided before what, that you set the tests for Term 3 and I set for Term 4. I see you so happy set the tests papers so I let you set lah. You didn't tell me you unhappy what."
Of which I had to remind her that there was NO previous agreement that I set tests for Term 3 and she set the tests for Term 4.
She then replied,"Oh yeah lah I forgot to tell you. Like I said, you looked so happy to set so I let you set. So I tell myself to set for Term 4. I am so busy so forget to tell you. So my Science HOD told me to talk to you. We settle this among ourselves. On Monday, we just keep quiet. Let my Science HOD handle the matter and talk to Ms C, the Maths HOD and the P. You just keep quiet ok."
My reply was,"Ah? I keep quiet? Shouldn't we clear the matter with Ms C (to ask why she complained) and Maths HOD?"
She said,"No need. We just keep quiet only. You don't talk to Ms C or the Maths HOD. Let my Science HOD talk ok."
I was still taken aback by what she said. I reported to Mrs B about my conversation with Mdm A as she is my subject head and should know what was going on. Of cos, Mrs B didn't have much good things to say about Mdm A.
I just hate it that they made use my name to stir up situations like this. For the record, my intention was not to complain to anyone. I hate it when my words are twisted and presented in an ugly light. I do not back stabbed anyone. It is beyond me to even do that. I honestly told Mrs B that whatever happens on Monday, I have no intention of worsening the situation (even though I know that by doing that Mdm A will go off scot free). I mean, who am I to stamp my right in that school right? I just want to work happily and go home safely at the end of the day, and of cos scout for a new job at the same time! *sigh*
Anyway, my dad is home from overseas :) As much as I am happy about it, I am feeling so guilty when he asked whether I am still in the school :(. *sobs* I feel as if I had failed him *sigh* My brother, who is not a uni grad, could find a great job with great pay. Me, on the other had, ...... *shakes head* .....
Well, have a great weekend everyone ... :) God bless....
4 comments:
*huggies* Take care gal. Sowee bubble you last minute psl bila dah sampai skolah balik, usual kaki lepak ada so me dok makan dinner dgn dorang.
Hope you'd get a better job with a much more stable income soon and not be bullied anymore! Make sure you actively look elsewhere ok! Sighs. Easier said than done rite? Anyhow, wish your weekend goes great for ya! Muahz! >:D<
Eh eh!!! Apa dah jadi? LOL! Sorry I could not return sms. I was unwell yesterday and then have to rudh down to Fuhua Sec.
Ida: It's alright about yesterday ok. It wasn't a bubble at all so dun worry about it ok. But coffee would have been nice then :P. Well you have a great weekend too ya gal *huggiez*
EmmNaz: Hope you are better now. It's ok about the sms. Smsed you to ask if you were in school so that you could be my spy and see what was going on. I hate it when they spring surprises when everybody is at home. They should have just brought the matter up when EVERYONE CONCERNED is in school! Arghh! Now my weekend is ruined thinking about the coming Monday. Anyways have a great weekend ok..
Post a Comment