Saturday, August 23, 2008

PeP wiThouT PuRpoSe is PiffLe

No, it wasn't a typo error gal (though I know you know that I'm a Typo Queen *hahahha*). Saw the above mentioned phrase when I was surfing the web to find inspirational quotes for my students (hmmm I do suspect that subconciously, I am looking for some inspiration for myself :P). I realised how apt the phrase is to me.

Pep = liveliness, vigour and energy.

Piffle = nonsense, foolish and senseless.

In another words, Life that is full of vigour and energy but without any sense of purpose is foolish and senseless.

Or in my words, the vigour that you have for your current work is nonsensical cos at the end of the day, you neither have a long term purpose nor long term benefits. *haha*

I am sure all of us have different purposes and aims in our life. Some purposes are life changing and some are just trivial. I realised that my purposes are all short term. No wonder I am irking some people (one of them is my mum). I secretly believe they just wanna slap my face and talk some sense into me - telling me that I am just like a headless chicken running around madly, crashing into other headless chickens and chicken poop, only to get run down by a car whose driver refused to see the importance of not running over a headless chicken. Oh well, you get the idea. If you don't, it's alright cos I don't expect anyone to understand my muddle head and my equally bungled reasoning *hahah*

What I am trying to say is that, I am learning to let go now, slowly but surely. I am letting go lots of things nowadays. It is truly therapeutic. Sad at times but I have to start somewhere right.

In the near future, I wish to say that my life is full of Pep with Purpose and it is sure ain't piffle!! Have a great weekend everyone :D.

P/s: Oooo by the way, there will be no IrKsoMeNess entry this week, or any other weeks for that matter. Not cos I have no irksomeness moments this week, just cos that is one of those things that I am letting go of ... heheheh ....tooodleeesss :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dun let me go! Pwease pweety pwease. Hehe. Bluekz! :P

NuLaa said...

Hehehh Nah I'm not letting you go ah .... :P ....

Anonymous said...

Thanks gal! Muahz! *huggies*