Thursday, July 9, 2009

First Week in the Deep Waters


I hate packing up stuffs. Unlike Nuyul, I couldn't seem to squeeze all the stuffs that I have into 8 recyclable bags. I ended up with 10 bags instead. After clearing up my desk, drawer, cupboard and saving all the data in my computer, I then have to unpack all those stuffs at the new place. So frustrating. Although I am quite excited to be here, I can't help but miss the other place. I am so used to that area. Now I have to adapt to the new surroundings here. Most of the people here are familiar faces as we have seen each other at the old place before the split. It is bitter sweet. There are people who I like to work with and of course, there are other who I don't .... I can't seem to shake off certain people. They are like leeches. Maybe as a person, they are decent being but as co-worker, they are definitely not. One even remarked that the reason for his 'survival instinct' was because he is a minority. Hey, I am too but I don't see it as a justification to be sly and scheming all the time.

Work is pilling up everyday. I am given 2 weeks break from teaching as she wants me to be the second marker for 3 classes and set at least 3 sets of exam papers. It is no joke as each set consists of 5 major components. I am still sitting here, sipping my morning tea, thinking how do I go about doing that. Hoping and wishing that I will untimately be able to complete it.

I went out extra early today at around 620am in order not to squeeze myself to death in the train. It was definitely less crowded than yesterday. Bought one of the many food that I want to try at TBP. One dish a day ... hehe. Reached school at 715am and I am feeling rather relaxed in the morning as nobody is here yet. Crunch time will come at 830 am when all the big shots come pouring in.

Ok happy time is almost up. Gotta go :) .... tata .....

2 comments:

Emm Naz said...

Meow! Dah pindah? Exam paper dah set? Meow outs...

NuLaa said...

Meow! Still setting ... but refused to bring the materials back for the weekend ... I feel I deserve to rest ... haha ...