Issues of the Moment...
Met a good friend Last Wed. Didn't see her for the last 3 months or so I think. Met her around 7pm @ IMM for dinner. As usual she is late *heheh* But she always apologises. I don't really mind cos I was busy shopping @ Daiso :P ... What she told me during dinner was kinda jolted me wee bit. She was kinda pleading in a way .. Saying "If I don't get married, will you go out with me at least once a week???" I was shocked. I mean, she is definitely the kind who could bring happiness to a lucky guy. Seems like she's already set in thinking she will never get married. EVER. And she is only 25. I told her we will always good friends and I told her honestly that I will try my best to be there for her when she needs me.
Today another good friend of mine also told me something along that line of not ever being married. I understood where she is coming from and truthfully I would feel that way if I am in her shoes. Are we like coming to a 'quarter-life crisis' or something like that?? The topic of marriage and the future seems to be looming around these past few months, no matter which company of friends I am with. It is SO pressurising to be asked countless of time "When will you get married? You have been with him for so long." I just can't put it into words to express the pressure I am feeling. So I will just end up smiling or shrugging or evading the Qn totally. Cos honestly I don't really know. SO many things in my life are not stable yet. I am like fighting the devils within. And time is definitely going by so quickly. I am so afraid that I will give it all up just to get the QNs off my back.
As we sit @ Mac just now, my friend was saying about our peers who have accomplished so much and we are like stagnant at where we are. I couldn't agree with her more but in light of positivity, I always see myself as a late bloomer in everything. I seem to be taking my own sweet time. *shrugs* Maybe I am not a fighter by nature. But I am if I believe in the cause.
Kim was asking me the other day if I scold the kids @ school. She couldn't believe that I did. She told me that she always have the impression that I am the kindest person around. I am not sure if I am. Seriously as much as it make me happy to be kind, it is kinda draining eventually. But I never give up believing. I told the kids that I treat them with respect if they treat those around them and themselves with respect. For the record, I DO scold them. One class even called me the Tigress :p.. But of cos the boy who started it first got a scolding from The tigress. *heheeh*
On the job front, I am wanted suddenly. Of cos its great news but at the same time, the dilemma is greater. There are Pros and Cons either way I choose. If its permanent, I would have taken it up asap. No Qns asked. But to me a promise IS a promise. And I will stick to it.
Been trying to log on to MSN now to find Skutz but alas the $#%$ thing need me to dload some new version of it. Having the connection that I have, it will take forever to get it done! So forget it. Better go to sleep cos having MTS tuition later. I am always zoinked every Sun morning *heheh*..... good nitey all ....
Sunday, March 6, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment