Monday, December 10, 2007

Post Sterilisation

SO SORRY dear friends for not being able to make it last Friday. I am terribly sorry for the last minute cancellation on my part. So not a nice thing to do. I am sure you guys had a great time nonetheless :).

Jinjer was home around 9 pm last Friday. I sent him at 9 am and the vet reviewed his previous illness (the swollen eye thingy) before giving him the green light to be sterilised. He was sterilised around noon but I could only bring him home in the evening, once the anaesthetic had worn off. When I was at the vet, taking him home, I didn't check on him first as there were several barking dogs in the clinic. I didn't want to traumatise Jinjer further. Once home, my mum took a look at his sterilised organ. There was dried blood on it. I was quite upset as not only the vet failed to clean him up after the surgery, they also cut his nails so close to his skin. His nails had dried blood on it as well (there is a fine blood vessel in each of the cat's nails). I called the vet up and the receptionist said that cleaning up was not a part and parcel of the surgery. For the nails bit, she said it wouldn't hurt Jinjer at all. I was fuming mad that I just put down the phone. I vowed not to go there ever again. That was not the first time that place showed a lack of after care.

Jinjer is super quiet these days. He used to be so noisy when he wanted to eat, pee, poop or when there was no one in the room with him. He used to be so active; climbing the windows, sprinting around the house and hopping here and there. Now, instead of peeing 6 to 7 times a day, he pees only ONCE a day. He has not pooped for 4 days already. By the 6th day, if he still have not pooped, I have to bring him to a (another one!) vet to induce it. He doesn't seem so comfortable wearing the elizabethan collar (cone-shaped collar) that I had bought for him from the vet so I am kinda staying vigil by his side because I have to make sure he does not lick himself there (to prevent infection) and clean up after him. Besides all these, Jinjer is so well-behaved post-sterilisation. He doesn't meow for food or attention anymore. He is just so ... so ... quiet. I hope he is alright. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the halia will start pooping soon k? Otherwise poor missy nulaa gotta nurse the kitty back to health. Yeah better go to another vet that cares for the animals. Can we go SPCA and make an animal abuse report? *wonders*

Take care gal! Miss ya! Muah! :-*