Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Humble UpDaTe


WoRk LiFe
Work has been piling up lately but it is still manageable. Thank God. Pairing up with others for work is a challenge when more work is dumped on my table. Being me and my minute-ness at workplace, I can't complain and say No. What saves me each day is that I enjoy what I am doing. Besides that, nothing else matters.... for now.

My Kitty Kat
JinJer has been real sick lately. The same symptoms from a year ago appeared again a few weeks back. He started swelling on the face and paws again. I named him my lil incredible hulk *hhehee* cos of the swelling, not the colour ah. After the swelling subsided ( a week later ), he started scratching his neck. The wound was so deep that I just had to bring him to the vet. This time around, I decided to boycott the previous vet (cos she was so indifferent). On Monday, after researching, I brought JinJer to The Joyous Vet (the sound of the name makes me happy already *hhaha*) at CCK. The place is kinda small but it was SO clean (unlike the previous vet). Dr Grace Heng (the vet who attended to JinJer) was so attentive and kind. For once, JinJer did not fidget at all! He just sat there while Dr Heng cleaned his neck wounds and talked to me. She was more elaborate that the previous vet. She said that there is a high possibility that JinJer is allergic to some kinda air borne allergens like pollens or dusts. Since I don't keep any live plants at home, the vet said it was possible the pollens came from the trees outside. Curiosity has always been his middle name. He is always trying to climb on my room windows to peep outside. I have not allowed him to climb the windows for a year now. If it is true that he is indeed allergic to pollens, that means that lil bugger has been climbing the windows behind my back *sighs*. Well, at the end of the vet visit, he was prescribed a cleanser and cream for his wound, antibiotics and painkillers. Besides that he was given his very own medical file (in pink colour!!) and a patient card (with his face on it!) *hahaha* It is really cute! He looked happy or should I say, Joyous :p. *hhaha* It has been a five days now. His wounds are healing just fine. Just that he likes to scratch it now and then so I resorted to "bandaging" (with a cut up sock) his neck :P. He will grumble and show his surly face, but I know he loves me *muhahah*.


JinJer and his swollen left cheek


FaMiLy
My dad and brother have been busy working overseas for close to two months now. My brother finally came back yesterday. He was in Xin Jiang, China. It is great to see him back home safe and sound. He seems to change physically everytime he is back from overseas trip *heheh*. He is darker and his shoulders are broader now. He lamented that the food he ate on board his work vessel are mostly catered for Caucasians (mostly chicken, fish, chips that kinda thing). Hence his growing physique. My dad is in Brunei now. He just called a few days back saying that he might be home in a couple of weeks. My mum's mood is better now since my brother is at home. As much as I love my brother, I can't help feeling a lil sour grapish knowing that my mum loves him more than me and my sis. He is the only son anyways *haha*. Well, my sis is getting older now. She will be 11 years old soon (in two months time)! How time flies. I still remember feeding her, changing her diapers and carrying her around when she was a baby. I just hope that she grows up fine and be someone good and successful. Insya Allah :)

FrIends
Everyone is busy nowadays. I do miss them. I pity some of my friends who are so overwhelmed with work. I hope that they will not break under pressure and they derive their strength from the love and support of their family and friends. It is heartening to know that a few of my friends are finally finding the courage to develop relationships of their own. That first step that they took hopefully leads to something greater and better =).

PerSonaL RelationShip
I WILL be married when I am READY to get married. Full Stop.

No comments: