Thursday, September 25, 2008

Toink Toink Thursday ...


The week zoomed by so fast, just like the F1 car (hhehe.. oooo btw I can't wait for the F1 Night race to start this weekend!! :D) Am so busy for the past two weeks and will be busy for the next two weeks. I have not been online for close to a week now. What a feat *hehe*. Just to share what I have been up to lately.

Last Saturday, our dear Baby Belling Oven decided to crash on us. Early Saturday morning, after sahur, my mum and I were so excited to finally start baking the kuihs and cookies. After preparing the ingredients and prepping up the trays and so on, we kneaded the dough. Obviously the oven had other plans as it tripped the main switch each time we on it. So as not to endanger our lives or short circuited anything, we decided to go Courts early in the morning to buy a new oven (of course we have to wait for the opening time sigh ..all the waiting was sapping my enthusiasm to bake) . After half an hour, we settled on a Delonghi Oven as the Baby Belling ones were not that good and durable. So the whole of Saturday was spent baking and cleaning. The next day, right after sahur all the way to 12 midnite, mum and I continued with the baking. At the end of the two days, we have baked about 10 different varieties of kuihs and cookies *hahah* We didn’t bake any last year cos my mum wasn’t well so this year she went all out (even though she is not well again) :P. It was sure as **** tiring but it was worth it, I feel. Ooo by the way Ida, sorry about the 2 bottles of cookies ya. My mum felt so bad that she couldn't fulfil your request. Hope the small bottle is decent enough *hehhe* :)

I am so packed this week. The students are supposed to complete 2 brochures for a part of their SA2 grade. So can you imagine, teaching aprox. 8 classes of 40 students (this is only for ONE of my subjects)…simple Mathematical calculation will show a total of 320 students which will amount to 640 brochures to mark by next Wednesday!!!. Besides having to stay back after school so that the students can complete their work and print it out, I have to also chase after some of those students who decided to make it challenging for me by handing it late. Argh! My free periods today are taken up by 6 periods of relief *sigh*. I should have just stayed at home and bake today. My mum wanted to bake the marble cake today actually.

Was glad to see Ida a few days ago. I had just realised that I have not seen her for the past few weeks, tho we do sms and stuffs. Sorry gal, I have yet to iftar with you and this Friday's possibility of iftar looks kinda bleak :(. I have some errands to do with my mum. She has to shop for some more stuffs. Can I please take a raincheck for Friday's iftar?? Hope we can do it next week instead, Insya Allah. My dad and bro left for overseas last week so that is why my mum is so dependent on me to complete the raya preparations. She is not exactly in a happy mood lately cos my bro and dad might not be able to be home for raya *sigh* as there are no one covering their duties.

Anyways this weekend will be rather packed. I have yet to find a decent baju kurung *hahha* I doubt I can find any to my liking. It is too late to send it to the tailor anyways so I guess my first day attire will be rather simple and plain :P My mum wants to go Geylang tomorrow. I am still seriously contemplating on whether to go or not. I doubt there is anything there for me to buy *pouts*. My Sunday's intinery was planned three months ago by my dear friends who are coming to SG this Saturday. It have been roughly a year plus since I last saw them. Ironically, Geylang, besides Orchard, Vivo, Sentosa and etc, will be one of their stops *pouts further*.

On another front, I have to start searching intensively. A few weeks more to go. I can’t afford to proscratinate this time around. Wish me luck will ya :) Will update soon ... toodles :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next week? Dah raya dah nak iftar per?! Haha. Its oklah, I'd understand. I'd just that my bro or my sis cos my broil ada transport can help ferry the stuff. :D

No worries abt the cookies. Its ok. Can always go ur plc to eat. :D

Anonymous said...

Wahhh... so *mesti* raya kat rumah Kak Nulaaa rasa kuih. Have to confess I've been so the unmodel anak dara tak make a single kuih this year. Too wiped out. Never even manage to get home for buka in time this year. :( But anyways Raya is low-key jelah this year. My mum tengah pouting that my Dad dun even wanna put up lampu lap-lip haha... I've resisted Geylang from all fronts this year and shall maintain the resistance!

NuLaa said...

Ida: *Hugs* thanks for being soooo understanding heheh So Sorry again ya :) Oooo btw kan, can you please just give the 10 bucks cookies to your nephews :) Ihkelas k hehe I have lots at home that I might not know what to do with it *hahah* :) Cayang You :D

Nuyul: I am sure baking kuihs doesn't make one a model anak dara *haha* Oooo You are resisting Geylang as well ?? Muhahah I have not been there at all this Ramadhan. MIGHT go there tonight though and IF I do, I might just as well jalan2 at the peripheries :P .. DUn think I am 'stable' enough to brave the crowds :P