Saturday, August 9, 2008

YouTube/MySpace Fame AnyOne??

Ida asked if I knew who Marie Digby was when we were eating the Cheesy Shrimp Wrap at LJS just now. I said yes but couldn't recall her songs (that I had listened to before) offhand. She is one of those who claimed fame and success thru doing covers and also singing their own compositions on YouTube/MySpace or any other video platform there is. Such is the power of YouTube/MySpace *haha* Once ordinary folks turned singing sensation overnight due to the high volumes of views and comments to their videos. Out of the three that I know of; Marie Digby, Mia Rose and Colbie Caillat, I prefer Colbie hands down. I realised that, as cliche as it sounds, all three are sweet, beautiful ladies who can play the guitar (and any other musical instruments) and sing well enough. I know for sure that IF I am ever able to play the guitar and sing very well, I will never, in a million years, achieve the recognition that they had achieved for themselves *haha* Anyways, dunno why I brought this topic up *shrugs*. Well here are the songs that I personally like from their collections of covers and originals. Enjoy :P ...


Mia Rose - Things I'll Never Say



Marie Digby - Miss Invisible



Colbie Caillat - Realize

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I love the stupid for you song. Hehe. By the way, I kinda miss the beep beep song. Getting used to it as my ringtone already.

NuLaa said...

Hehhee like you said before :P No wonder lah you sometimes don't even realise it was your hp ringtone cos you change it ever so often ! hahah

Anonymous said...

Tau takper gal. Maybe I should just switch it to silent. Then no ringtone. Just vibrations! Haha! :D

Emm Naz said...

How come mine not featured ah????????? WAKAKAKAAK!!!

NuLaa said...

Ida - kekadang vibrations pun takleh rasa kan kan kan hehhe ...

EmmNaz - Hmmm cos your not a pretty girl? *heheheh* Usually girls get noticed more, as unfair as it sounds ah ... heheh :D

Anonymous said...

Emm Naz, what's yours to be featured? Jgn perasan! :P